Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What about that line... "bad ass motherfuckers!?"


Me: "Bad ass motherfuckers?"
Him: Yes.
Me: I don't know that movie line.
Him: You haven't seen Pulp Fiction?
Me: Yes, and I would have gotten "cheese royal" but not "bad ass motherfuckers" that is Samuel Jackson's every other movie line!
Him: Whatever, its obvious that you suck.
Me: Ok my turn, "Goblin King Goblin King, take this child far away from me!"
Him: You are a strange girl, and most random.
Me: You aren't guessing because you don't know how to spell Labyrinth.
Him: No, I thought you were talking about Willow, and... yes.

Remember not too long ago when I was having flirty text message conversations with Grossman? Well, now I'm having it with a new guy. This time, here is the difference.

Me, silence, no text.
Him: (after about 20 minutes) Hey, did you go to work? You got awful quiet, I thought we were playing, Name that movie quote.
Me: I just didn't know what to say.
Him: I guess there is nothing left to talk about?
Me: No, there is, just I'm all texted out.
Him: Ok, I will leave you be.
Me: You should really consider having a conversation with me that doesn't involve text.
Him: Yes, you are correct.

Take that ego!


In the few weeks that has followed my and Joe's break up. I find myself having a lower and lower self esteem. First Grossman decides to get back together with his fugly girlfriend who looks like a pseudo donkey. Then Rossman decided to stop texting. After those, Joe decided to talk to me in a respectful manner, like I wanted him to while I was dating him.
Maybe I deserve Joe?
No!
Wake up!
Rossman decided to text me after a week of disappearing.
Without being dis-respective, I politely flirted, and then asked him to see me in person.
Ophelia isn't messing around anymore.
She might kill herself at the end of Hamlet but she stands up for herself in the mean time.
Its still the mean time.

1 comment:

jojo said...

I'm not sure that this is totally kosher, or wanted, but I thought I might give you a bit of advice. Not that I'm an expert, mind you. More like a fellow traveller on the road of self esteem. :)

It's just that I've noticed that you may be trying to get your self esteem through men. I could be wrong here, but maybe you should do something else entirely for self-esteem for awhile. Like plan a trip with girlfriends, check out graduate schools or Phd programs, start a home improvement project, or something fun like that. I've found these things to be much less fickle than men. :) And it gives you a purpose beyond dating and men and ironically it seems to make you much, much more attractive to these same men. Hmmm.