Thursday, September 18, 2008

I would rather trust a woman's instinct than a man's reason.

I have never had many female friends. I always thought it was because I was a tom boy, interested in different things, and not interested in the games women play with each other.
I was always interested in how I could manipulate the man.

Recently, I looked upon my life and realized, very startling, that that wasn't true of me anymore. I have four women in my life that I trust. I don't know if I could ever say I had two women I could trust. I usually had all guy friends. When they were busy with their girlfriends or I was trying to avoid them (because they were in love with me) I would busy myself with my books, or learning a new computer language, or watching my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie. I knew I was happy to be alone, so obviously nothing was missing.
I was wrong.

Today, if I got off work, cleaned my apartment and decided I didn't want to watch a movie or read a book, I could do a number of things with one of the four women:
1. I could call Amanda and watch Project Runway, Top Model, or Weeds and drink PBR.
2. I could call Laura and if she wasn't working I could see her puppy, go wig shopping, or peruse Goodwill for a Halloween costume.
3. I could call Nicole and if she wasn't working I could watch a football game, convince her to come out to the bars, or ask her to beat up my soon to be ex-boyfriend (she is also in the Halloween planning).
4. I could call Megan and go out to the bars to see a live band play, play cards, or help her with her art project.

All different women, all different opinions, all amazing.
There was something missing. Women aren't scary. They don't try to back stab you, they will go out and drink with you, and most of all, I think that they'll be there in the end when the guy you like turns out to be someone you don't.


They'll even help you take off your husband's head!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Where did you find that picture?! more importantly, what did you type into Google to find it? "women working together to kill a guy," or "examples of female on male group murder," ?!?!?!
Seriously funny!

Ophelia said...

I think I typed in "Female friends"
No joke.
It was on the third or fourth page I scrolled through.
hahahahaha