Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lunch time gossip.

One of my co-workers is in love with me.
He's told Nicole, Megan and now Amanda that he is.
He might have told Laura but she's one of those people that if you ask, 'Can you keep a secret?' not only will she respond 'Yes' but she'll actually keep the secret, even when everyone knows the secret later on.

I have not encouraged him, in fact, I've insulted him to his face.

Today I had lunch with my friend Amanda who told me that her ex-boyfriend (who she lives with) is completely pissed for not coming home the night before.
"You didn't come home?"
"No, I stayed out."
"Why?"
"I was drunk."
"Ok, but usually you walk home when you get drunk."
"I know."
"I'm missing something."
"I went and got high with Pat."
"What? Really?"
"Yea, anyway, so how are you and Joe doing?"

It was a blatant change of subject so I went with it.

"Good, I told him last night I was going to move out one day when he wasn't at home."
"Really? Good for you!"
"Yea, now I just have to follow through with it."
"Yea..."

"So, that night, Pat told me he was in love with you."
"Surprise!" (very sarcastic)
"I know, I told him that if he told you that he hung out with me, that he'd have no chance with you."
"He doesn't have a chance anyway."
"I know, but still, don't talk to him about it."
"Ok..."

"Hey, Brad told Nicole that you were dating Grosso." I said in an attempt to change the subject.
"Hahahaha, wow, two weeks later that rumor is just now surfacing?"
"Brad's really not in the gossip group unless he happens to be present at an event."
"Sweet, no one is talking about me and Pat and they are just talking about me and Grosso."
"Yep..."


Call it woman's intuition, but I believe that Amanda might have made a mistake with Pat and slept with him.

3 comments:

Laura said...

All (visible) signs point to "yes."

H said...

Yikes!

Ophelia said...

Laura: I know how you feel, we've talked at length about this!

Heather: Its kind of funny you said "yikes" considering you don't know how repulsive Pat is. I think if you knew you'd say that plus make gagging noises afterwards. :)