Monday, September 22, 2008

No, please, tell me what you REALLY think.


Lately, I say whatever I feel like.
Honest, maybe.
Stupid, probably.
Makes-me-feel-fantastic-because-it-hasn't-bitten-me-in-the-ass, definitely.

It started with the bar job ego boost.
Followed by the man hitting on me ego boost.
Completed by having female friends who are real and encourage me to be myself.
Suddenly, I could care less what people think of me.
I should make an amendment to that.
I greatly care what my friends think of me, or my family.
If they told me I was out of control, then I would stop without hesitation.

This brings me to last night.
Last night, a guy who likes me asked me to "save him" from his ex-girlfriend.

His ex-girlfriend:
1.) has two kids.
2.) has a crazy HUSBAND (they are getting a divorce, at some point).
3.) has been in the bar he and I work out every night since they broke up (it was a two month relationship).
4.) calls him incessantly.
5.) has waited outside the bar, after we locked, waiting for this guy to come out.
6.) has hit on every single one of his friends to try to get his attention.

He:
1.) has eaten enough acid in his day to make himself retarded.
2.) has tried to hit on me every time he's drunk no matter if I'm single or not.
3.) has told everyone at the bar that he's annoyed by her.
4.) has told her that he doesn't want anything to do with her.
5.) has acted like a 12 year old in a 38 years old's body.
6.) has not gotten the clue that there is no way I would date him. Even after telling him that I would rather dig my eye out with a spoon than date him (see what I mean about saying how I feel?)

That being said, last night I closed bar and he stuck around until after the last customer left (he's allowed, he's an employee). While sitting there (at 1 am) I heard his phone ring, I was counting money but I heard him make an audible sigh. I ignored him. Two minutes later his phone rang again. Another sigh. Another ignore. One minute later, another ring. Sigh. Ignore. Three minutes after that, another ring, sigh, and a slamming down of the phone. This time I turned around. "Are you calling yourself repeatedly?"
"No! Why would I do that?"
"To make her look desperate to be with you."
"No, I would rather not have this headache."
"Of dialing your own number?"
"Of her calling me!"
"Give me your phone." (checks phone, 4 missed calls from her.)
"Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ."
"Jesus was a Roosevelt?"
"Shut up. Its my saying don't bring me down. Can I answer her next call?"
"Sure, what are you going to say?"
"Whatever I feel like."
"Go for it. I'm tired of this. The meaner I get, the more she calls."

I turn and count money again. His phone beeps, and again immediately afterwards.
I turn around and look at him.
"Text messages from her."
I nod and get back to counting. Beep. Beep. I put the money into the drawer. Beep. Beep. I close up the drawer and start running reports. Beep. Beep.
I turn around.
"Give me the fucking phone."
"What?"he says reading the last text message, probably responding.
"Give. Me. The. Phone."
"What are you going to say?"
"What you should have told her already."
He hands the phone over and I hit talk twice.
"Hey Dick!"
"Uh, this isn't him."
"Who the fuck is this?"
"This is Ophelia."
"ok...."
"Pat thinks you are suffocating him and he doesn't want you to call anymore. This is something he's told everyone and I thought you should know."
"Oh.. gee. THANKS Ophelia." (heavy sarcasm)
"No problem! Bye now."
Hangs up.

I should learn to mind my own business, but G.D. did that not feel good.

1 comment:

H said...

What a silly bitch this girl sounds like. hahaha Wonder what happened next?

Did you watch Gossip Girl last night? I think Queen Serena is different, but very fun and entertaining!!! ;)